Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hello There

It's been awhile, hasn't it? I've been spending my time relaxing and getting organized after the end of the school year. I've also made some changes which I know will be for the best.

First, I've left the elementary ed. program I was in to pursue a "selected studies" education degree, which basically means that I need to take 15 more credit hours (5 classes) to complete my bachelor's degree. That means I will still be graduating this December (yippee!!)

Second, I've decided to change my focus from elementary to early childhood. I've realized that my strengths in working with children lie in the areas of building social skills and interacting with kids on a more casual level. I also love, love, love small children. Thus, I've adjusted my goals (As we all do from time to time) and have set my sights on a job working with young children in a daycare or preschool setting.

Third, to accomplish #2, I have made up my mind to work towards a master's degree after I graduate with my bachelor's. I found a five-semester, online program through my alma mater, ASU, that will allow me to work while taking classes and earn my MA and a certification to teach in early childhood settings.

So, lots of changes but all in my best interests. I will still be using this blog to document my journey from student to teacher, so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment