Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Management Lessons

Management is going better this week. I have learned two lessons thus far:

1) Confidence is key. Acting like you know what you are doing and not hesitating in your directions and instruction gives students the impression that you have everything under control. When they trust that you are in control, they will follow your lead!

2) Being prepared aids confidence, and thus management. When you have all materials in place ahead of time-copies, lesson plans, supplies, etc.-you don't have to worry about figuring out last-minute details right before the school day begins or during your precious little prep time.

I'm glad I am learning these Teacher Truths now rather than in my first year!

Also, I am making tissue paper flowers with my kiddos tomorrow:
http://foldingtrees.com/2008/08/flower-week-tissue-paper-carnations/

Last week when we made a Mother's Day craft, they were aaaallllll over the place, so here's hoping they are a little calmer this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment